
Your embryo (looking kind of like a tadpole) is starting to form major organs (heart, kidney, liver, stomach) and systems (nervous, circulatory, digestive). Baby's presence in your uterus triggers production of hCG... which triggers production of other hormones like estrogen and progesterone... which trigger all those great symptoms you've probably been noticing!
Well, you guessed it, I am 5 weeks today! The nurse called back with my latest set of blood work results. My hCG level was 3,976!!! Woo Hoo! That's a doubling time of... 32.34!!! My progesterone fell slightly to 35, but the nurse said that will fluctuate daily and 35 is still a good number. Also, the nurse called 2 days ago with the remaining results of my first blood draw. All the blood work came back normal, but my urine tested positive for Group B Strep, so now I am on antibiotics for a week. Yuck! And chances are I will test positive for this later on in the pregnancy have to be on antibiotics during labor.
My first doctors visit will be November 11. The day before Jordan's first EDD was and my sisters birthday. I asked the nurse if we will get an ultrasound and she said I won't be able to see/hear anything until 10 weeks, so it probably wouldn't be before than! WTF! I slightly panicked and said there was no way I could wait that long and I was nervous about seeing a heartbeat. She kind of got a little snippy with me after that, but wound up saying it is up to the doctors discretion if I will have an ultrasound at my first appointment or not. Seeing as when I first met the doctor, he had said if I was ever nervous to just give him a call and he will take care of me, I'm sure he will agree to an earlier ultrasound. Whether it be that day or another is the question. I will just be much more confident in this pregnancy once I see a heartbeat, but my blood work results being better than I was really hoping for, helped allot. I actually feel like I can start to get excited about being pregnant and that this time it is for real and will work out! OMG I'm really pregnant!!!!!
Well, you guessed it, I am 5 weeks today! The nurse called back with my latest set of blood work results. My hCG level was 3,976!!! Woo Hoo! That's a doubling time of... 32.34!!! My progesterone fell slightly to 35, but the nurse said that will fluctuate daily and 35 is still a good number. Also, the nurse called 2 days ago with the remaining results of my first blood draw. All the blood work came back normal, but my urine tested positive for Group B Strep, so now I am on antibiotics for a week. Yuck! And chances are I will test positive for this later on in the pregnancy have to be on antibiotics during labor.
My first doctors visit will be November 11. The day before Jordan's first EDD was and my sisters birthday. I asked the nurse if we will get an ultrasound and she said I won't be able to see/hear anything until 10 weeks, so it probably wouldn't be before than! WTF! I slightly panicked and said there was no way I could wait that long and I was nervous about seeing a heartbeat. She kind of got a little snippy with me after that, but wound up saying it is up to the doctors discretion if I will have an ultrasound at my first appointment or not. Seeing as when I first met the doctor, he had said if I was ever nervous to just give him a call and he will take care of me, I'm sure he will agree to an earlier ultrasound. Whether it be that day or another is the question. I will just be much more confident in this pregnancy once I see a heartbeat, but my blood work results being better than I was really hoping for, helped allot. I actually feel like I can start to get excited about being pregnant and that this time it is for real and will work out! OMG I'm really pregnant!!!!!
1 comment:
Yay for 5 weeks, your numbers are going up nicely!!!
Ooh I hope you can get your ultrasound, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you =)
Post a Comment