Monday, November 10, 2008

Sweet Pea's

Growing like crazy, baby is starting to sprout eyes, ears, nose, cheeks and chin. Those little hands and feet- still webbed like paddles- might wiggle by week's end, the heart is beating (almost twice as fast as yours!), and blood is starting to circulate.

I'm a little late for posting this, but I was on VACATION!!! We just got back from Gatlinburg, TN tonight. It was fun. We met up with a couple we met on our honeymoon 2 years ago and stayed in my parents house/cabin there. The only eventful thing that happened is we hit a freaking deer on the way there and busted our radiator! So, yes, our car is at a body shop in Nashville, getting fixed. We had to drive a rent a car from Nashville to Gatlinburg and back to St Louis. Thank God that it happened about an hour outside Nashville, so my parents were able to come pick us up and we were able to stay at there house that night before we could pick up a rent a car in the morning. And, since we will have to go BACK to Nashville to pick up our car when it is done, thank God again we are going to visit them for Thanksgiving. Otherwise we would be driving to and from Nashville in one weekend. That would have royally sucked!

Other than that the trip was great! We visited the Smokie Mountain National Park, took a tram up to Ober Gatlinburg and shopped in downtown Gatlinburg. I even purchased my first baby items, trying to be positive (which has been harder the closer my appointment comes and the closer I get to when we lost our first baby). But these socks were super cute! I got three pairs. One has an elephant, one an alligator and one a lion. And they all say and the ?? goes chomp chomp, roar or hrruumpph. Like I said they were super cute and I figured if, God forbid something should happen, than I can give them to my friends 3 month old baby.

Now that we are back I have my first doctors appointment tomorrow at 12:30. Hopefully I will get an ultrasound to put my nerves at ease. The last few days I've been getting more and more nervous that something isn't going to be right. I just don't feel like my symptoms are as strong as they were the last time. I know I'm being ridiculous since symptoms will/can be different for each pregnancy and there have been plenty of people on the Nest that have not had that many symptoms at 6 weeks. And on top of that, I have NO REASON to believe something is wrong. My numbers were fantastic! and I have had symptoms. I guess I just wish I had morning sickness to reassure myself. (I may eat my words later if it comes and it's horrible, but...). Wish me luck at my doctors appointment tomorrow! (and cross your fingers and pray that I get an u/s and get to see a beautiful, strong beating heart!)

No comments: