Sunday, October 19, 2008

Spotting... AGAIN!

I don't know why I was hoping this month would be different than any other month, but 9 dpo and I'm spotting again! This is sooo incredibly frustrating. I know the doctor said that I can still get pregnant with this spotting, but I really do feel like this is an issue that is preventing me from getting pregnant. Unrealistic, yes I know. I got my blood drawn yesterday to test to see if an early breakdown of progesterone is causing the spotting, and if that is what it is, there are plenty of people who have gotten pregnant with low progesterone on my boards. So, that is where I get the unrealistic. I guess if I'm stretching for positives, the spotting is a light brown color instead of the pink color that it has been the last 6 months. I guess I will have to see how it progresses. Each month it seems I get more and more brown spotting and less and less red spotting. Not sure what the difference is, but I feel brown is better than red since brown is supposed to indicate old blood.

I guess I am disappointed in this spotting because I've had some pretty promising "symptoms" this month. Some hard, small poops (I know TMI, but that is what I experienced with my last pregnancy), and some mild boob tenderness. The boob tenderness doesn't "really" mean anything, since I can get breast tenderness when I'm not pregnant too. But I would like to think of it as a pregnancy symptom. And I've been smelling the air fresheners all over our house-also doesn't really mean anything since I had randomly smelled the stuff in the past (the first 2 cycles after my m/c). Not so much recently, so that is why I'm calling it a symptom. I really can say everything but the poop is something I have experienced with past non-pregnant cycles. The only problem is, I've gotten my hopes up with past "symptoms" related to my past pregnancy only to have them dashed across a jagged rock when Aunt Flo has come for a visit.

Hopefully I'll get my test results back Monday or Tuesday so we can have a plan for my next cycle.

No comments: