Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Almost in Tears

When I had called for my blood work results on Monday, the nurse had said I needed to come back on Thursday for my second set of beta's. Me, thinking most people go every 2 to 3 days, figured it would be ok if I went a day early, today, Wednesday. This way I could ensure my results would be back by Friday and I could relax over the weekend.

Nope! I called today to ask if it would be ok and the nurses response was, it really is better to wait one week in between. When I explained to her the reason I wanted to come in today to be sure my results were back before the weekend, she said they should still be in by Friday. I would love to believe her, but that is what I was told last week. And obviously that did not happen. It just about put me in tears. I don't understand what the difference of 1 day will make, and I want to be able to enjoy my weekend, knowing my results. I am going to ask them tomorrow when I go if they could mark it as STAT so that I have a much better chance of getting my results on Friday. I hope they do it, at least for my peace of mind.

I just don't know how I will relax if I don't have them before the weekend!


On a different note, I have mixed feelings. I was up until 11pm last night, woke up at 2pm and than tossed and turned the rest of the night. I figured I would just be exhausted today and I'm not. So that is just one more thing to worry about. But, I have been feeling very mildly queasy on and off since last night, so who knows. Maybe the sleep I got was better quality sleep than I have gotten the few nights prior, thus I'm not as tired. But... at 2am when I woke up, I put my hand on my belly and much to my surprise, it felt like it was filling out! The last 5 days when I had done that, my hip bones would stick out and my skin would form a nice concave arc. But last night, my hip bones still stuck out, but it felt much more flat or even convex/small bumpish! So that's a good sign. I guess we shall see what the next few days bring. I just have to believe that this pregnancy will work out and I will be delivering a healthy, happy baby in 8 months!

No comments: