Thursday, October 23, 2008

July 3, 2009



You guessed it! I got my positive pregnancy test this morning at 13 dpo. I'm cautiously excited and so is my husband. This positive test is nothing like the first one. I was smiling and jumping up and down when I got the first one. This one, I gave a smile, but nothing else. I guess I'm excited, but now that I know what can happen, I cannot let myself get too ahead of myself. When I told my mom and sister, I had to keep telling them not to get ahead of themselves. THIS SUCKS! What I wouldn't give to be naive again. Not to know what can happen. Only to have heard about miscarriages, and to worry about it without really knowing what it means. Now I know.

I told myself when I got pregnant again I would have to post a prayer that another nestie has in her bio as well as the SAL (Success After Loss) mantras, so here they are.

Prayer For My Unborn
Child Bless this child inside my womb
As she/he grows stronger each day
Keep her/him in thy loving care
Watch over her/him I pray
With much anticipation
We're awaiting her/his arrival
And depending upon You Father
For this tiny one's survival
We'll love her/him endlessly
And care for her our very best
She/He'll be our pride and joy
This child with which we're blessed
Some say she/he's not a baby yet
I'm certain that they're wrong
My feelings toward a group of cells
Could never be this strong
Help us to remember
She/He really is Your child
You've put her/him in our home
For just a little while
Lord please bless our family
With favors from above
As we grow in size
May we also grow in love

The SAL Mantras
--"Today I am pregnant and I love my baby."
--"I am pregnant until someone tells me otherwise."
--"My past does not dictate my future. A previous m/c does not mean I will have another m/c."
--"Just because something sad is happening to another poster, does not mean it will happen to you." We all know m/c and complications are not contagious!
-- "Hope does not make bad things happen" You cannot ‘jinx’ your pregnancy by creating a ticker, getting excited, or telling someone. Live in the positive!
--And this is the hardest one: "There is nothing I can do to prevent a m/c from happening. Worrying yourself sick doesn't prevent a m/c. And if (gods forbid) it were to happen again, I know I will survive."

So there it is! Oh, and according to Fertility Friend, my due date would be July 3, 2009!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Congrats!!! H&H 9 months!!!

Anonymous said...

I have your bio bookmarked so I'm going to be looking for your updates missy :) I'm soooo excited for and am here rooting for you the whole way - on cyberspace. BTW I love seeing belly pics so please post away.

Hugs,

Your BFP Buddy - NelyBelly