Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Those who got pregnant 6+ mo after miscarriage

After continuing to see so many nesties getting pregnant only a few months after their miscarriages and seeing several posts asking how soon after their miscarriage they got pregnant, I was getting really depressed and hopeless that I would ever get pregnant again. Seeing as I am going on 6 months post miscarriage in 3 weeks, and my current cycle won't have ended by than. So I decided to call on those who tool longer to conceive again, just to know I'm not alone and I need to keep the faith that I will get pregnant again.

Here is my post. I felt like I needed to put it in here so anytime I need a pick me up or some reassurance that I am not alone, I can go back and look at it.


Those who got pregnant 6+ mo after m/c
From:
dmsmth
I need a ray of hope. I see sooo many people getting pregnant again a few months after their m/c and here I am now approaching the 6 month mark. I know there are many of you out there, I just need to hear from you to try and stay positive that all hope is not lost. Thanks!!!

Replies:

From: ncsubride
Hope is not lost, I promise; although I know it feels like it is sometimes. I had my mc in May and we didn't get a bfp until March and now we are expecting twins in just a couple weeks.
Try to keep your head up; trust me I know it is hard. Good luck.

From: Celwed
The first time it took us 2 months than 3months and I got pregnant back in Feb'08 after 8months of TTC. This time took us about 4months. You just never know.
hang in there hun!!

From: H&Dmay21
With the m/c, we were pg on the second cycle. After the m/c, it took us 9 cycles to get this BFP! I know the frustration. But I'm living proof that it does happen. I remember the 3 and 6 month marks were the hardest for me. I hope to see you here soon.

From:
cluiss1
Please don't lose hope. It took us 8 months, acupuncture, and another lap surgery before I was pg again. I know how hard that 6 month mark is, but please try to stay positive. ((hugs))

From:
ladybug29
Getting PG the first time took us 10 months...then we had a loss...the second time took 9 months...then I had another loss...then I got PG the next month again and here I am, 25 weeks PG. Everyone is different but I totally understand your frustration. I felt like it was happening to everyone else but me. I watched the girls on TTCAL leave one by one...twice!! It was a hard wait, but hang in there...use all those great ladies on TTCAL and SAL to support you! :)

From: Kirsten.In.NH
Cycle 6 was our lucky cycle! :) We actually had an appt w/ the dr if it didn't happen, and it turns out we didn't need it. I know it's hard to see so many people get pg so quickly after m/c - it is really upsetting to have to keep trying so long. I hope it happens for you soon! HUGS.

From: MelissaSue81
Well, I got pg again immediately after my first m/c.. but it was a blighted ovum.. It was about 6 months between the first m/c and the time I got pregnant and it stuck..

From: nellieboo
Hey....it is soooo hard and so frustrating to see people come and go on TTCAL. I felt that way too!! It was just 6 months for me this month since our loss, and we also happened to get another BFP. I'm still early, so hopefully this one sticks around. Hang in there...it WILL happen again for you and you'll get your sticky baby!

From: MrsStPatsBride
It took me about 8 months, and I had an ectopic, where they took my left tube. I was feeling incredibly isolated, especially when pregnancy comes so easy for some people. The TTC after a Loss board helped me A LOT, and did hearing success stories.Best of luck!

From: JessAndi
Believe me, I know how frustrating that is! I had my m/c in Dec. (missed m/c) and didn't get pg until this cycle. Living your life in 2 week increments and watching others get pg before you is so hard, but just know it WILL happen for you!

From:
dr.girlfriend
I got pregnant on my 7th month. Keep the faith! I don't know your circumstances, but because I was 35 I was able to see an RE after 6 months of no success. We got pregnant before she even could talk to us about our initial testing, but just doing something helped a lot. If you're under 35 you should be able to go after 12 months of no success, but I am certain you won't make it that long. Hugs from me.

From:
dr.girlfriend
Also, Books4Brooke and CrazyCrustacean aren't on much since they just had their babies, but I think it took both of them almost a year.

From: FredsNey
I can totally relate to how you are feeling....it seemed like everyone else was getting pregnant right away and I wasn't. I miscarried in mid-March and we didn't get our BFP until early December. I was actually diagnosed with PCOS during that time and once I was getting treatment, we conceived. Definitely hang in there and best wishes!!

From: caymanbride
Hope is definitely not lost! We got pregnant with Aidan 6 months after our m/c...we actually concieved him the week (and maybe even the day) of the first baby's EDD. Good luck, it will happen :)

From: brisell23
It took us 8 months after the m/c to get pg again - I know it gets frustrating, but hang on, it will happen!! Good luck and we can't wait to see you here! (((hugs)))

From: BrookeAnn
It took us 14 months to get a bfp again after our m/c. It will happen!! It also took us a while the first time to get pg though. Just keep trying and think positive and hopefully you will get your bfp very soon. We quit trying for a while and then it happen when we actually weren't expecting it, so it was a nice surprise!

From:
AmethystBride
After my first loss, it took us 7 cycles to get pg again, only to m/c at 6 weeks. But the month after my first cycle post m/c, we got pregnant, and check out my proof that all hope is definitely not lost in my siggy!
:-)

From: cloud9climber
Hang in there! I had a d&c in November a chemical pregnancy 3 months later in February and I got my sticky baby 3 months after that in June. It can happen! Good luck to you!!

From: Paigeo
I had my d&e on 2/1 of last year and then didn't get my next BFP till 8/2 (3 days before my 1st EDD) so pretty much exactly 6 months. My cycles were sooooo wacky after my m/c. I know it can be so frustrating but try to stay positive. Good Luck!

From:
LawLove08
It took us 6 months to get pregnant before the first BFP, and then I miscarried last August. Took 7 months (of trying - almost 10 months calendar wise) this time. Passing the six month mark (which was right around my EDD for #1) was so hard. My doctor was great - she had me make an appointment right around the six month mark, we did some initial bloodwork, she ordered an SA for DH and we were supposed to start clomid the next cycle. Never needed the clomid - I got my BFP the day after DH's SA (he still hasn't quite forgiven me for that one - LOL). But it helped to know that we were doing something, even though I'm not 30 and a lot of doctors won't see you until after you've been trying without success for a year. So if you're worried talk to your doctor - I think it's partly just a mental thing. Believe me, I remember vividly how hard August 2007-May 2008 was. I feel for you and I hope to see you announcing your BFP very soon.

From:
tnkrbl21
I was right there with you. It took over 13 months to get pg after mc. And in that interim we had a c/p as well. I defintely lost faith all too many times. It's easy to say now, being out of that tunnel, but you have to believe that it will be fine. I wish you so much luck.. I have a soft spot for ppl who didn't get pg again right after m/c; it's like adding insult to injury.

From: MayBride2B2007
here's my story:
took us 4 months to get pregnant the first time (actively trying, 5 months total since we stopped using protection). m/c at 6 weeks.
it then took us 8 months, clomid and iui to conceive this time.
i was easily discouraged during those long months, especially after seeing so many people get pregnant again so quickly and without help. but, i never once lost an ounce of my desire to do whatever it would take to be a mom, and i'm glad i kept going, because had i not, we wouldn't be expecting our daughter.
huge hugs and lots of hope being sent your way!

From:
damissus
I totally understand all the thoughts you were going through. It took us a full year to see those two lines again. I believe it was ultimately my HSG & God of course (story in bio). It doesn't hurt to start getting tests done if you'd like to rule things out...


So there you have it. All those success stories to keep reminding me that I WILL get pregnant again. I am trying to stay positive this cycle. And to top off my positive mood, it's amazing how just seeing the best fertile cervical fluids I have had since my miscarriage helps facilitate that!

No comments: