Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Doctor Appointment Update
My ultrasound to check for polyps came back normal. My blood work was ok. The tech who took my blood said they tested my LH, prolactin and thyroid. The Dr never said anything about my prolactin and my thyroid levels, so I am assuming they were normal. The doctor had said they tested my LH and FSH, which were both with in normal limits, but my LH (7.?) was slightly higher than my FSH (5.?). Which is one indication of PCOS. He just said to keep an eye on my cycles and that as long as I am ovulating I should be ok. He didn't seem too concerned but it was just something to watch. I told him this last cycle was 37 days and ovulation didn't occur until cycle day 28 (with a LP of 9 days), which he seemed a little more concerned about. He said that if I am consistently not consistent in when I ovulate than I can go on something like clomid to make me ovulate more regularly. Also, he was saying to check my tubes to make sure they are open (I'm assuming the HSG??) sooner rather than later. I ask if it is possible that they are blocked since I got pregnant once. His response was that they could be open, just not as open as they should be. Since I got pregnant once, I thought I would wait a little longer for that. He did say we should test my progesterone levels between 8 and 10 dpo to see if the early breakdown of my progesterone is causing my spotting. So I guess we shall see. Either way he said I can still get pregnant even with my spotting issues because when I do get pregnant the hormones will cause my lining to thicken. So here goes for cycle number 4 post miscarriage!
No comments:
Post a Comment