This past week I have read about 2 brain cancer patients. These are 2 special cancer patients. You see, they are 5 and 6 years old, but yet each has made a huge impact on their communities. I read about Elena earlier this week. She was a 6 year old who was diagnosed with a brain tumor and passed away in 2007. The last 9 months of her life she wrote little notes to her family and hid them around the house for them to find after she was gone. Her parents put her notes into a book. http://www.notesleftbehind.com/. And yes, you did read that right. A SIX year old had the simple idea to write notes to her family and HIDE them. To me, that is just amazing. The other story I read about yesterday. This story is of a little boy, Noah, who is dying of brain cancer. His last wish was to celebrate Christmas, but the doctors don't think he is going to make it that long. So his family and community are rallying to give him his Christmas this weekend, complete with the fire department bringing Santa to him on a red truck. The catch, all he wants for Christmas are Christmas cards. Yes, just cards. What little child asks for cards? It's so simple but yet makes him so happy. The video shows him getting hundreds of cards from all over the world and opening up an angel ornament, which is his favorite because it reminds him of where he will be going. I sent him a card this morning with a guardian angel pin I got as a child. I hope it makes his Christmas just a little brighter.
Have you ever noticed that when a child is faced with loosing their life, they ask for the simple things. I think as adults we over analyze what is going to happen where as a child just doesn't. I really want to say more, but just can't figure out the right words and how to say it.
So for Noah, Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment