The title sums it up. I thought I was pretty much past the point of being bitter, but I guess not. It just snuck up on me this weekend. We went to our friends sons birthday party this weekend. He turned 8. His dad and step-mom were married this past May. They are more acquaintances, where as his mom and step-dad are friends. I see her come up to an older lady and tell her "Oh, I popped this past week. We find out what the sex is this coming week."
That's when it hit. The bitterness that she was able to get pregnant right away and keep the baby. The bitterness that she has been able to have a pregnancy without the worry and be able to live in ignorant bliss that nothing will go wrong. It stung. I got pregnant my first month off birth control, only to find out we lost the baby. It took 6 more months to get pregnant with Kaylin. And here she is, starts trying right after they get married and gets pregnant with a healthy baby with in the first 2 months. What I wouldn't give to not have to worry and to not know what can go wrong. I guess, deep down, the bitterness is still there.
No comments:
Post a Comment