Friday, November 20, 2009

Everybody's got their share of battle scars...

When this song first came out, I would hear it and automatically get anxious, to the point I couldn't listen to it. For whatever reason I would feel horribly depressed when I listened to the song.

Since then, I have gotten to a better place (hormones... working...daycare..... and lack of sleep... not the best combination), and listened to the lyrics. Can I just say WOW. I think everybody can relate to this song. We all have battle scars, we should all be thankful we are alive everyday, and we should not dwell on the wreckage of our battle scars.

For me, it's my miscarriage, for my friend and her family it is the loss of her nephew, for others it means something else. I was thinking about this song a few days ago and oddly enough I heard it on the radio dedicated to all the preemie babies who have been born out there. The words can mean so many different things to so many different people.


So damn easy to say that life’s so hard
Everybody’s got their share of battle scars
As for me I’d like to thank my lucky stars that
I’m alive, and well
It’d be easy to add up all the pain
And all the dreams you sat and watch go up in flames
Dwell on the wreckage as it smolders in the rain
But not me, I’m alive
And today you know that’s good enough for me
Breathing in and out is a blessing can’t you see
Today is the first day of the rest of my life
And I’m alive, and well
I’m alive, and well
Stars are dancin’ on the water here tonight
It’s good for the soul, and there’s not a sole in sight
This boat has caught its wind and brought me back to life
Now I’m alive, and well
And today you know that’s good enough for me
Breathing in and out is a blessing can’t you see
Today is the first day of the rest of my life
Now I’m alive, and well
Yeah I’m alive, and well

No comments: