Well, my other photo source has now gone to monthly updates, so I had to find a new website. This week your baby has stretched to the size of a spaghetti squash and weighs almost a pound. At nearly 11 inches and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.It's been a long week this week with traveling to Buffalo for my Grandpa's funeral. My husband was nervous with me flying, but all turned out well and I'm back. I really do wish my Grandpa had been around long enough to meet Kaylin, but now I know he is up there in heaven with Jordan. In his obituary they named all his kids and grandkids and than it listed "soon to be great-grandfather of Kaylin Michele". That was really sweet. I cut it out of the paper and will definitely be adding it to her scrapbook. Along with the obituary in her scrapbook, I will be receiving a toy box he had made for their house back when my sister and I were much younger. The toy box needs a little TLC, so I'll be painting it and adding those safety, no slam shut, hinges. I also took a bright pink carnation from one of the flower bouquets that were at his wake and funeral and have decided to press the petals between the pages of a book to flatten and dry them out, than decorate the toy box with the petals. I think it will turn out really cute! I also found 2 old story books in their upstairs bookcase which I took home with me to add to Kaylin's book collection. One has a publication date of 1984, which means it was probably purchased for my sister and I and the other book has no publication date. It's nice to have these things as a reminder of him and it's nice to be able to share the little bit of what I have with Kaylin.
On a different note, while I was out of town, my mom, dad and youngest sister were able to feel her kick! They definitely enjoyed that. And in 2 more weeks, I'll have hit 24 weeks, which means she would be viable if, God forbid, something happens and she is born early. And... in 5 weeks I'll have hit my third trimester and in 27 days, I'll only have 100 days left until me get to meet Kaylin! It's hard to believe how fast time is flying. My husband can't wait for her to get here. She all ready has him wrapped around her little finger and she isn't even here yet! (sooo sweet!)
1 comment:
Glad your trip went well and it sounds like you have some really nice momentos of your grandpa to share with Kaylin.
Post a Comment