



I had my Big ultrasound yesterday. I was so nervous before hand I almost threw up on the way there! After we got there I was taken to the ultrasound room pretty quickly, which was good because the 40oz of water they told me I had to drink was filling my bladder up pretty darn quickly! The tech measured all the baby's parts, which all looked great, and measured my cervix, all 4 measurements were around 3.2cm and anything overt 3cm is good. So everything looked great. At the beginning she did ask if we wanted to know the sex, and of course we did! I have to say as wiggly as the baby was, we were able to see a nice picture of HER butt and HER girly parts! She measuring 19 weeks 4 days and was weighing in at 12oz, which the ultrasound tech said was the size of a bag of chocolate chips!
The funny part is when I said to the tech, "I guess I'm wrong, the whole pregnancy I thought it was a boy", she said "I'm pretty confident but I can double check for you". Sure enough, she stuck by her guns. It's a girl and my mothers instinct was wrong!
After the ultrasound (and after I was allowed to relieve my bladder) I had a visit with the doctor. My blood pressure was normal at 110/54 and I gained 1.5 pounds for a grand total of 6.5 pounds thus far. Than he went over the u/s with us. He was saying they measure the baby, etc, etc, etc. The way he was talking I kept waiting for that But... Well, he said the baby looks great, but I'm not sure if the tech mentioned to you that you have a low lying placenta. No, she didn't but he draws a picture and says it's right next to my cervix and that where mine is placed it typically moves up as the uterus expands. But to make sure, we will double check it in a few months. If it doesn't go up than I will need a C-section. Basically, I have what I would consider a mild form of placenta privia, which I had heard about, thus read about, from being on the nest boards. So, really no big deal. My next appointment will be scheduled for March 11 at 11:45am.
Since we now know baby H is a girl, I think I have some blog redecorating to do! Backdrops and tickers need to change!!!
The funny part is when I said to the tech, "I guess I'm wrong, the whole pregnancy I thought it was a boy", she said "I'm pretty confident but I can double check for you". Sure enough, she stuck by her guns. It's a girl and my mothers instinct was wrong!
After the ultrasound (and after I was allowed to relieve my bladder) I had a visit with the doctor. My blood pressure was normal at 110/54 and I gained 1.5 pounds for a grand total of 6.5 pounds thus far. Than he went over the u/s with us. He was saying they measure the baby, etc, etc, etc. The way he was talking I kept waiting for that But... Well, he said the baby looks great, but I'm not sure if the tech mentioned to you that you have a low lying placenta. No, she didn't but he draws a picture and says it's right next to my cervix and that where mine is placed it typically moves up as the uterus expands. But to make sure, we will double check it in a few months. If it doesn't go up than I will need a C-section. Basically, I have what I would consider a mild form of placenta privia, which I had heard about, thus read about, from being on the nest boards. So, really no big deal. My next appointment will be scheduled for March 11 at 11:45am.
Since we now know baby H is a girl, I think I have some blog redecorating to do! Backdrops and tickers need to change!!!
2 comments:
Love the new blog look and ticker!
Yay! Congrats. My motherly instincts were wrong too, I totally thought I was have a girl. Nope, it's definitely a boy!
Post a Comment