Friday, February 20, 2009

Week 21


Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.

Not much has happened in the last week other than we have registered at Babies R' Us as my Valentines Day present. It was a fun day, but my husband was a little cranky because he was hungry, so our day ended with some Mexican food and some ice cream. This will be my last week in my 5th month. It's hard to believe next week I will be in my 6th month and will have completed 5 months! It seems so surreal...

On a different not I had THREE miscarriage/still birth dreams last night. One at 12:30, one at 2:30 and one at 4:45. The last one was just a little too real and I wound up shedding some tears. At least Kaylin heeded my wishes and gave me a few quick kicks to let me know she was ok. Needless to say it was a rough night and you can obviously tell I'm still worried I will loose the baby. I honestly think if I loose this baby I will need to be admitted into a psych ward. Only three more weeks until Kaylin is viable. Not nearly soon enough, but I hope the next three weeks pass quickly. Don't get me wrong, I want her to stay in as close to 40 weeks as possible, but at least in three weeks she would have a 39% chance of surviving verse not surviving not being an option. And by 27 weeks she would have a 90% chance of surviving. It's amazing what one month can do! I just hope and pray that she is born healthy and full term.

So not only did I have three bad dreams last night, I got a call from my mom saying my Grandpa is in the hospital and it doesn't look good. He must have had a stroke last night and is barely breathing. My Aunt is on her way to the hospital and was going to call my Dad when she got some news. Since they live in NY, ... Well, as I was writing, my Dad just called and said he had a major brain aneurysm and isn't going to make it. He isn't in any pain so they are going to keep him alive long enough for my Dad to get there to say goodbye. He is at the airport waiting for his flight right now. :(

No comments: