I had my doctors visit today. My blood pressure was normal at 92/70 and I gained almost a pound. The nurse said that me gaining a pound in the last 2 weeks was stretching it... The doctor listened to her heartbeat and he took a Group B Strep culture. Either way I will be put on antibiotics during delivery since I tested positive for it in my urine at my first visit. I also had my first internal exam today, which to be frankly honest, was a little on the painful side! But I'm all ready 3 cm dilated and he said most of the time once you hit 4cm you progress faster. My next appointment will be next Monday, so we shall see if I've made any additional progress.
The doctor did curb my fears of post partum depression a bit. I asked since I have anxiety am I at a greater chance of getting it and he said no. And he also said since I'm due in July and can get out of the house I will be less likely to get it since from my understanding of what he said that you are more likely to get PPD if you are isolated and stuck in your house, like winter babies are. So here's hoping that I can get out of the house and avoid any type of PPD and curb any anxiety attacks that may try and sneak in there!
No comments:
Post a Comment