I have really been torn and kept going back and forth about getting induced on Tuesday. Last night was one of those nights I really had my doubts and concerns. How could I justify inducing when it wasn't medically necessary when, so far, I have been progressing nicely? I tried to explaining this to my husband, although I have to admit I didn't do a good job. And I knew the minute I mentioned it he was going to get defensive and frustrated, but it had to be said. When we first talked, he was pretty much just saying that he would wind up having to work and answer emails while I was delivering etc. Last night he said that since June is their end of quarter, if she was born before the end of June he would pretty much only get the day off that I was delivering and then have to go back to work (if she would hold out until July that would be a different story, but we all know there are no guarantees). He has not been at this company a year, so does not have any vacation days etc. Basically, he is saying if we are surprised by when I go into labor he can't plan and get people to cover for him, thus he still has to work. But if we know the date he can set things up before I go into labor and not have to work until I leave the hospital. I still wasn't quite grasping this... but later that night he says, all in a sullen voice, that he really just wants to be there for everything. I guess he really feels like he will be missing some important days and moments with work conflicts otherwise. So the truth finally comes out and I have to respect that. I'd be disappointed if I were him as well and had to go back to work so soon and miss being there for my daughters first few days.
Needless to say I am ok with being induced on Tuesday. I still hope she will come earlier and am still routing for Father's Day, but both of us feel like she will make her grand entrance on Tuesday. Which also happens to be my Aunts 50th Birthday!
Our T minus 15 and counting has gone to T minus 5 and counting!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment