Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Today's Doctors Visit...

Well, it didn't go how I wanted it to go. Both Kaylin and I are healthy. My blood pressure was 98/58 and I gained another 7 pounds. The nurse was happy again that I have continued to gain weight! But... I'm not going to get the doctor to write me a note to be out three months...

The company I work for only has 26 employees so they don't fall under FMLA. Because of this, I have to get a doctors note saying how long I have to be off after birth. Well, I was "hoping" and my husband was pretty darn confident, that if I asked the doctor he would write the note for 12 weeks. That is not going to happen. I can't blame the doctor really, because he probably can't do anything illegal or put something on paper that could come back at him if I don't have a reason to be off those extra weeks. So 6 weeks for a vaginal birth or 8 weeks for a c-section. But, come on 6 weeks! I have enough vacation and STD coverage to get paid for 8 weeks for a vaginal delivery or 10 weeks for a c-section! And the really shitty part is that we could have afforded for me to take off that additional month with no pay!

This sucks! Not only have I had to come to terms with not being able to work part time, having to put my infant in a daycare full time, and not having anybody who is willing/can watch her that I know (ie: no family or friends - other than my husbands mom who can watch her one day a week...), NOW I have to come to terms with putting her in daycare earlier that I really want to and I don't get to spend as much time with her and because I want to breast feed this just makes it much more difficult because I'll have to pump more and at WORK! I haven't even been able to call my husband to tell him, I had to email it, because I know I'll burst into tears.

This sucks, this sucks, this sucks. I need to move to Canada!!!!!!

No comments: