Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.We have the carpet installation scheduled for April 25th. One day before my first shower!!! I can start "nesting" and putting away and organizing all my gifts whenever I get them now. Yay! Hopefully my husband will get the fan blades and arms switched out this weekend so Kaylin will have an all white fan with no GOLD. (I looovveee Goolllddd.... Austin Powers movie...). Everything is starting to come together and I can't believe she will be here in around 11 short weeks!
Since it's the one year anniversary of loosing Jordan and because Kaylin would not be here if she didn't have a guardian angel, I thought I would include this poem again.
“A Different Child”(Pandora MacMillian)
People notice there's a special glow around you.
You grow surrounded by love, never doubting you are wanted;
Only look at the pride and joy in your mother and father's eyes.
You grow surrounded by love, never doubting you are wanted;
Only look at the pride and joy in your mother and father's eyes.
And if sometimes between the smiles
There's a trace of tears, one day you'll understand.
There's a trace of tears, one day you'll understand.
You'll understand there was once another child
A different child who was in their hopes and dreams.
A different child who was in their hopes and dreams.
That child will never outgrow the baby clothes,
That child will never keep them up at night,
In fact, that child will never be any trouble at all.
That child will never keep them up at night,
In fact, that child will never be any trouble at all.
Except sometimes, in a silent moment,
When mother and father miss so much that different child.
When mother and father miss so much that different child.
May hope and love wrap you warmly
And may you learn the lesson forever
How infinitely precious, how infinitely fragile
And may you learn the lesson forever
How infinitely precious, how infinitely fragile
Is this life on earth.
One day, as a young man or woman
You may see another mother's tears
Another father's silent grief
Then you, and you alone
You may see another mother's tears
Another father's silent grief
Then you, and you alone
Will understand
And offer the greatest comfort.
And offer the greatest comfort.
When all hope seems lost,
You will tell them with great compassion,
"I know how you feel.
You will tell them with great compassion,
"I know how you feel.
No comments:
Post a Comment