I had my first visit last night with a therapist. (Or councilor in training-ie: cheaper). I was nervous all day about going, but I think it turned out to really help. I was able to just talk, and I'm sure I just kept rambling, but it was great to get it all out. From what I got from it, I am normal and am going through the normal grieving process. Next session, next week, we will go more into the grieving process. I did learn that my husband is grieving, just in a different way. Whether he realizes it or not. He is grieving physically while I am grieving emotionally. I will have a few sessions just myself and than he will come. Even if he never understands why I grieve the way I do, I just hope we can come to an agreement and he can realize to accept it even if he doesn't agree.
I'm still reading my second book that I got off Amazon. The first book, "I Never Held You" was Ok. I think it would have been more useful to read it right after my miscarriage and not 4 months later. Also, the suggestions she gave to try to help yourself were the same things a therapist said to do in high school when I was dealing with anxiety. I was just disappointed because what she said, i all ready knew. The second book, "A Silent Sorrow", I'm 75% of the way through, but so far it has been more useful. I really cannot explain it, but I have felt it has helped much more than the first book, and had done a better job explaining how you as well as others will or may view your miscarriage.
With every step backwards you take two steps forward. So here, here to some more positive thinking!
No comments:
Post a Comment