Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Food For Thought

For the last week, I have had random thoughts pop into my head. For some reason the last few times my husband and I have had sex, I missed the full feeling I had in my abdomen from when I was pregnant. Weird and strange, huh. Not what I should be thinking about during that time. The more I think about it though, the more I realize that your brain can fabricate symptoms, so other than a positive pregnancy test, the full feeling to me was concrete proof I was pregnant. I had no ultrasound pictures, I really didn't have much morning sickness, no sore boobies, just a full feeling in my stomach that was most apparent when we had sex.

There have also been times I would think I should be having our baby in 3 months and can't believe I should be entering my 3rd trimester.

I got to thinking, all these thoughts started about the time my friend/coworker announced her C-section date. I was 3 months behind her. I guess deep down my brain has been thinking about what should have been happening in three months and what I should be preparing for as well. Actually knowing she will be giving birth has made it real in some ways, that so much time has passed. I still cannot believe it is August. The last 4 months have flown by in a blur and I have lived it in week increments. Always looking forward to the weekend when I could just be home and relax. Looking back I have noticed I just have not been myself. I used to enjoy blaring the music on my way to work singing along. I cannot remember the last time I did that. I feel like I have just been going through the motions with out realizing or feeling the situation or allowing myself to enjoy it. This sucks! I want to be able to REALLY enjoy myself and my life again.

Since my vow of positiveness, I will end with something positive. I was talking to my husband last night and said if I am pregnant my due date would be in April-the same month my sister is looking at for her wedding date. I was explaining to him, if I'm pregnant the little fertilized egg and sperm would be traveling down my fallopian tube right now, and he said...

Drum Roll Please...

It is traveling down your fallopian tube, not it could be! Aww, how sweet. He is being positive too and that helps so much!

No comments: