Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Doctors

I called both doctor's yesterday. My current one and the one I will be going to at the end of August.

Two Doctors=Two different answers

Doctor 1 (my new doctor) - I spoke with the nurse/receptionist and explained what was going on. That I had had a miscarriage and D & C in April and every period since than I have spotted for 3 to 4 days before my period would finally come. She said it could be an ovulation issue. Upon further probing, she said it could mean I am not ovulating as well as other things. I didn't tell her I am charting, so I indeed know I am ovulating. But now I have to wonder what these other issues could be. Unfortunately, she didn't have any earlier appointments, but said the doctor will probably run some tests during my appointment to find out what the problem is. OK, at least I can be reassured I will get some answers and have some hope the doctor will help me.

Doctor 2 (my current doctor) - I left a message on the nurses line and she called back in record time, 2.5 hours! Apparently they had left a message for me the last time I called about my spotting... Hmm... I never got the message... But anyway, she reiterates what was going on the last time I called and said that unless I am soaking a pad an hour that I should not be concerned. This time she tells me that having a miscarriage messes with your cycle and to not be too concerned (OK, not her exact words, but that is what she was trying to get across). I asked if it is still possible to get pregnant with all this spotting and she said yes, but you should be waiting THREE CYCLES before trying again! Hello! The doctor told me ONE CYCLE. I told her this and she responds three cycles is what we used to recommend. Um, OK. Maybe you better have a chat with the doctor than to get your facts straight! Basically, I am not to worry and I am normal. Not very reassuring, since I had to coax it out of her that I should call back if it continues. I am assuming she is thinking with in 3-4 months after my miscarriage it won't be a problem and she won't be hearing from me. Grrr...

Either way, I am reassured SOMEBODY will take a look at me in a few weeks. Hopefully nothing IS wrong, but at least some things can be ruled out (and I will get to talk to an actual doctor and not just a nurse).

On the bright side (knock on wood), my spotting is not nearly has bad as it was last month where it came off on the TP every time I wiped and needed a panty liner (I know TMI). This time it doesn't show on the TP and the only reason I know it is there is from checking my CM. It's not (knock on wood again) bright red like last time either. So one can only assume it is getting better and maybe next month I won't spot at all.

No comments: