Monday, May 2, 2011

Perspective

The last few days my induction has been put into perspective. There was a girl on my message board who was having the same false labor issues I had towards the end. She wound up going into labor on her own before her scheduled c-section day. Now i am happy for her she was able to have her VBAC, but I was rather jealous she went into labor on her own. Turns out she had a 24hr labor. I would take my induction over that anyday. Then tonight found out that a friend whe had her baby 4 days after Hannah was born, her baby wouldn't come down the birth canal and was turning so she wound up having to have a c-section. I would not trade an induction fir that either. Both things have kind of put it into perspective that things could have been different and even if I didn't get to go in on my own, that my birth with Hannah really wasn't so bad even if it's not what my "plan" was. And an induction in the grand scheme of things isn't so bad, especially one that was fast and flawless with no complications.

No comments: