Week 25: Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.I have been sick and left work early yesterday to take a nap. My 2.5 hour nap was fantastic! I haven't been sleeping well the last 4 nights, so I'm not sure if it's because I'm sick, because I'm getting close to my third trimester, or a combination of both. I guess I'll see what happens when the cold goes away. Either way, my friend said the discomforts of third tri hit her quickly, no gradually weaning yourself into them. So I guess it easily could be third tri... And the last week-week and a half, every time I try and sleep on my left side, my left hip falls asleep. Hopefully it stays to my left hip and doesn't start happening on my right hip. Otherwise I'll have to sleep standing up! (can't sleep on my back, tummy and now my left side...)
Kaylin's movements have been more rolls than kicks now and today I went to lean back and my belly was lopsided. I pushed on the one half, which was hard, while the other half was much softer, so I guess I can now tell where she is laying at in there!!! It's kind of funny to see a lopsided belly and know that's its caused by your baby's head, butt or other body part.
It's really kind of hit me in the last few weeks, basically since my big ultrasound and now passing V-day, that I have become so much more attached to her. I guess now that I'm feeling more comfortable and confident I'm letting myself become attached to her and fully realizing I will actually get to have a baby. It's so different than my last pregnancy where I was attached after the positive test. But now I can say I'm definitely attached to her, knowing she is healthy and if my body fails she could survive outside the womb. I love her so much all ready and am really looking forward to meeting her in July! And unlike my first pregnancy, I have had very few freak out moments when the realization would come over me that I will be a mom. And the few that I have have passed with in seconds where as before I pondered it quite a bit. Kaylin will be one lucky, loved girl!
1 comment:
It is so funny to see your belly sticking out! Alison loves to hang out on my left side and push out...me, I don't care for it as much cause it is starting to hurt!
Post a Comment