It has been an eventful year to say the least. I've been thinking about the past year the last few weeks and anytime I look back I think what a shitty year it's been. When, at Christmas dinner, my in laws were talking about going around the table to talk about our highs and lows of the year, all I could think of is it's been a shitty year and dreaded it coming around to me. What would I say? This year sucked? What has been good about it? (other than this baby I'm carrying now?). I didn't want to sound like a complete debbie downer and I new if I talked about each downer my hormones would have taken over and I would have started to cry. Just with everything that has happened, I feel like 2009 can only get better. So, to review the ups and downs in the past year, here is my review.
January 19th: My husband and I hosted a Diaper Keg for our friends baby shower. Bring a pack of diapers, get a cup to drink off the keg. It was a hit and everybody enjoyed themselves.
February 2nd: I took my last birth control pill ever and was going to start charting my fertility as soon as Aunt Flo showed up.
February 7th: My husbands dad was almost killed by a psycho gunman, 5 others lost their lives (not including the gunman who was shot and killed by police); My husband went into the hospital because he was having chest pains and I got my last birth control induced period a day late.
February 22nd: Our friends had their beautiful baby girl, Mackenzie.
March 16th: My first cycle charting, I was 15 days past ovulation and felt sick. I took a pregnancy test and low and behold it was positive. I was smiling ear to ear and ecstatic.
April 13th: My friend from high schools wedding.
April 17th: The worst day of my life. We went in for a routine ultrasound only to find I had a missed miscarriage.
April 21st: The day of my D&C.
June 7th: My husbands sister got married after being with her boyfriend for about 10 years. So, Finally, they got married!
June 12th: I got my first Aunt Flo post D&C. 52 days later.
End of July: My sisters friend lost her husband in a freak construction accident. He was building their new house on a rainy day, slipped from the first floor and fell onto the concrete in their basement. He hit his head and had severe brain trauma.
August 2nd: My sister gets engaged! I will be her Matron of Honor.
August 14th: My friend and coworker had her handsome baby boy, Caleb, via C-section.
August 21st: I had my first counseling/therapist appointment. Even though I put up a fight to not go, in the end I think it did help me out. (shh, don't tell my husband)
August 27th: I had my first appointment with my new, more proactive doctor.
October 3-5th: Yearly October Birthday Winery Trip Bash
October 12th: Husbands 31st birthday
October 15th: Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. I lit 2 candles, one for Jordan and one for an old coworker who had recently had a miscarriage.
October 17th: It had been 6 months since my miscarriage, and I finally started to feel more positive.
October 23rd: I got my positive pregnancy test! (woo hoo!)
November 5-10th: We had our vacation to Gatlinburg, TN with a couple we met on our Honeymoon. I stayed positive and purchased my first baby item, 3 pairs of super cute socks.
November 11th: I had my first pre-natal appointment and we saw a heartbeat!
November 22nd: Jordan's EDD (mommy loves you little one), and my grandpa was admitted into the hospital. He collapsed at home after having a dental procedure earlier in the week. He had continued to have a little bit of bleeding since the doctors never told him to stop his blood thinning meds before the procedure. He checked out ok and was probably just dehydrated, but they discovered his pituitary tumor returned.
November 26th:We saw the heartbeat again!
November 27th: Thanksgiving Day.
December 11th: I heard the baby's heartbeat on my at home doppler for the first time.
December 23rd: It's my birthday and I had my 12 week appointment. The doctor said everything looked great. What a great birthday present!
December 25th: Christmas Day...need I say more.
December 31st: Present day and New Years Eve. Happy ending to an eventful year.
That was a long year in review but there is is in a nutshell. I'm sure I left some things out like my husband going back to the hospital for more chest pains, just because I wasn't sure what day that was, but it was sometime in late February or early March. What a fun year, huh? I can only hope this next year is filled only with good things and happy baby memories!
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment