I had my 12/13 week doctors appointment today. All went well. I gained 2 pounds in 6 weeks and my blood pressure was good at 102/60. The doctor measured my belly (the area from pubic bone to belly button) and listened for the heartbeat. He found it much quicker than I have been able to. He found it quickly and only listened for a few seconds, but said everything was fine. He didn't give me the beats per minutes, but the last time I listened on my doppler at home it was in the low 160's.
He said at my next appointment I have the option of the AFP test, which tests for down syndrome. He did say because of my age I'm not at high risk, and most people opt not to and that is perfectly fine. I'll have to do a little research and decide if I want to or not. On a small down side, I don't have my big ultrasound at my next appointment like I was hoping. It will be in two months instead, at almost 21 weeks. I guess I have to look at it on the bright side that I get to see a bigger, more developed baby. And, I'm guessing the older the baby the more accurate the tech is on telling us the sex of the baby. I can't wait!
Since I have been a bit nervous about having an incompetent cervix because of my LEEP procedure several years ago, I asked how common it was to help quell my nerves. The doctor said that he sees one every couple of years and when he does see them they are not that bad (I'm guessing a mild case...). So that's good to hear. Hopefully I'm not one of his statistics and I can carry this baby to term.
Oh, and Happy Birthday to me!!!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday!
Glad the appointment went well =)
Post a Comment