Thursday, December 4, 2008

Double Digits!!!!!!


With bones and cartilage starting to form and vital organs beginning to function, baby is making major progress. Body length will almost double in the next three weeks, and arm joints are now working. (Soon, legs will too.)

I can't believe I'm in double digit weeks today! That is soooo exciting!!! My doppler shipped out 2 days ago, so I may actually get it today or tomorrow (depending on which Amazon warehouse it shipped out of). Woo Hoo! Scratch that. Doppler arrived about an hour after I posted. I guess I'll be trying to hear a heartbeat tonight! I'll just have to keep in mind this is the earliest I could be able to hear it and not to be worried if I don't.

On a side note, when I lay on my back my stomach typically sinks below my hip bones by quite a bit. This morning, after not looking for a few weeks, I got the urge and low and behold, my belly is only very slightly below my hip bones! Yay for a growing baby!!! I'm guessing that's part of the reason my bloated belly seems to have gotten bigger in the last few days/evenings... Bloat on top of a slightly bigger stomach...

No comments: