Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mommy Guilt

I have mommy guilt. Hannah has been wanting to nurse non-stop some nights and is just generally fussy, not wanting to be put down when I get home from work. I can only assume she wants this because she feels like she needs to bond or wants to be with or around me. I have to put her down to feed Kaylin and just do general house stuff. I feel bad because she winds up crying until I finish what I do, like get Kaylin to bed or something. Not that she cries for long periods, but she still winds up crying longer then I would like. Then last Friday, I nursed her and put her down for bed. She starts to cry and out of tired frustration I picked her up and started nursing her again. She was just crabbing at my boob, so I abruptly took her off and set her on the bed. She WAILED. I mean WAILED. I felt sooooo bad :(. Then yesterday the daycare lady and I were talking and she mentioned Hannah laughing and getting the hiccups when she laughs. I can't get her to laugh. That sucks. I don't have that much time to spend with her to get her to laugh. I have to tend to Kaylin while she is awake and try and get stuff done after she goes to bed and/or Hannah just wants to nurse and then falls asleep. And that's where the mommy guilt sets in. My baby craves my attention, shown to me with her need to nurse in the evenings, and I make her wail and she won't laugh for me :( It sucks. I hope she never feels like we never bonded or that she can't count on me to provide for her needs.

No comments: