today I found out I was pregnant with Hannah. I was thinking on my way back to work that I could not believe it has almost been a year since my contraction issues started, which in turn got me thinking that it was about now that I found out I was pregnant. Got back to work and discovered it was TODAY :)
Where has the last year gone? Where has the last 4 months gone? I feel like I have SO much to do between getting home from work and putting both girls to bed that I can't just sit down and enjoy either of them. It's rush, rush, rush, hopefully get Kaylin to cooperate and Hannah not to cry while I clean pump parts and get her milk ready for the next day, then feed all 3 of us - which for Kaylin and I, has been 7pm. 7:30 bath on bath nights, 8pm K's bedtime, nurse Hannah then Hannah goes to bed. Then I get a few short hours to finish doing anything else I need to get done, go to bed around 11 then wake up to another day of rushed madness. I sometimes wish I didn't have anything to do and could just enjoy my little time with them. It sucks. I just want 30 min each night to sit on the floor and play with both them and NOT be eating my dinner while I am sitting there. You say I could wash the stuff after they both go to bed, but last night it went bath, K bed, H eat, H bed, sew some training pants for K, sit in bed (for 15-20 min), eat Oreo's and go to bed 11:30. That all included doing pump parts and folding laundry while both of them were awake :(
Maybe I expect too much of myself, maybe this day in age people expect too much of us. Woman never used to work and now we have to work AND do everything woman used to do back in the day before we worked out of the house. (Although, I have to admit my husband cooks...I don't). Ummm, do you think just maybe there isn't enough time in the day to get everything done for TWO jobs? Housework AND an outside job? :(
No comments:
Post a Comment